BENEFITS FOR HEALTH PLANS
Health Plans have paid a large price for excess readmissions. The average hospital per admission cost in 2010 was over $15,000. Health Plans are not only concerned about 30 day readmissions but they are also concerned about all readmissions in general. While 20% of Medicare members are readmitted within 30 days , 34% are readmitted within 90 days. Avery Telehealth’s proprietary Readmission Avoidance Program (RAP) provides health plans with both 30 & 90 day programs. Avery will partner with health plans and work with existing case management, utilization management staff to ensure a great member experience.
We guarantee a 30% reduction in hospital readmissions.
COORDINATION WITH EXISTING HEALTH PLANS
We understand the greatest risk for readmission happens once the patient has left the hospital. The best discharge plans begin to unravel once the patient gets home. Let Avery Telehealth continue the care with our Readmission Avoidance Program.
BEST IN CLASS PERFORMANCE
STAR Rating Improvement Program
The overall impact: with a total of 55 STAR Requirements Avery has obtained the following statistics:
- In the drug sector: 6 out of the 18 requirements were met= 33%
- In the health sector: 30 out of the 37 requirements were met= 81%
- Empower and Educate patient on how to care for their chronic disease
- Avery Telehealth nurse will answer questions related to their chronic disease and condition
“After assessing ‘build vs. buy’ options we chose Avery for their readmission reduction track record & savings guarantee.”
-Scott Cummings, CEO Care 1st Health Plan of AZ
READMISSION AVOIDANCE PROGRAM
Avery uses a proprietary care system that takes the hospital discharge orders, executes the orders and proactively coordinates care with patient’s primary care provider and other community health providers. All patients are remotely monitored by our nursing call center in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Through a combination of of pre-discharge and post discharge procedures, Avery Telehealth has created a program that will reduce the amount of hospital readmissions.
- Care Transition Planning: converting discharge orders to care transition plans, medication reconciliation, care coordination,patient education and scheduling PCP follow up
- Proactive Patient Centric Care Coordination. This step is crucial because it executes the care transition plan, ensures physicians are aware of their patients health status, while providing medication compliance & patient education
- Remote Telehealth Monitoring allows us to track daily health status and vitals with the patient in addition to tracking symptoms and potential side effects to medications.